Key players back for Bayern Munich with eyes on Liverpool
Four of Bayern Munich's key first-team players were back in training on Sunday after injury absences.
Manuel Neuer, Thiago Alcantara, Franck Ribery and Arjen Robben resumed Bayern Munich training on Sunday ahead of the DFB-Pokal clash with Hertha Berlin, and just over two weeks till they meet Liverpool.
Bayern strengthened for run-in
Goalkeeper Neuer missed Saturday's 3-1 Bundesliga defeat to Bayer Leverkusen after hurting his hand last week.
Thiago also sat out the trip to the BayArena due to what head coach Niko Kovac described as "neuromuscular problems".
Veteran wingers Robben and Ribery, meanwhile, have been struggling with respective thigh injuries and have not played since the turn of the year.
The news is a boost to Kovac ahead of Wednesday's meeting with Hertha at the Olympiastadion and his plans for their Champions League first leg against The Reds on 19 February.
Bayern's defeat to Leverkusen, which ended a seven-game winning run in the Bundesliga, leaves them seven points behind leaders Borussia Dortmund in third place.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Man City had "considerable chance" to land Ronaldo, says Fernandinho
- CORONAVIRUS | MANDATES How many Americans does Biden's vaccine mandate apply to?
- NFL NFL Fantasy Picks: Recommendations for Week 2
- NFL Baltimore's Jackson says Sunday's game vs. KC "not about me and Mahomes"
- NFL Cowboys lose fourth starter in a week after Lawrence breaks foot
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Real Madrid player ratings vs Inter Milan