Clásico: Real Madrid name squad for Barcelona Copa del Rey clash
Santiago Solari has named a 21-man travelling party for tonight's Copa Clásico at the Camp Nou, but will have to trim that group by three.
Real Madrid have confirmed their travelling party for tonight's Copa del Rey clash away to Barcelona, with Isco included on the 21-man list. However, Santiago Solari must still reduce that number to a final squad of 18, so the midfielder - a fringe figure under the Argentine - remains in danger of missing the cut.
As AS explained yesterday, Solari has 16 names guaranteed to be in the matchday group for the Clásico - Thibaut Courtois, Keylor Navas, Sergio Ramos, Raphael Varane, Nacho, Dani Carvajal, Marcelo, Casemiro, Toni Kroos, Luka Modric, Marcos Llorente, Dani Ceballos, Vinicius, Karim Benzema, Gareth Bale and Lucas Vázquez - leaving the five remaining players to fight out it for the last two spots.
Vallejo, Valverde, Odriozola, Brahim left in Madrid
Jesús Vallejo, Federico Valverde, Álvaro Odriozola and Brahim Díaz have all been left behind in Madrid, while 18-year-old goalkeeper Diego Altube has travelled but is expected to be one of the further three players finally omitted.
Initial Real Madrid squad to face Barcelona:
Goalkeepers: Navas, Courtois, Altube.
Defenders: Carvajal, Ramos, Varane, Nacho, Marcelo, Reguilón.
Midfielders: Kroos, Modric, Casemiro, Llorente, Asensio, Isco, Ceballos.
Forwards: Mariano, Benzema, Bale, Vázquez, Vinicius.
Recommended in English
- US NEWS Would a government shutdown in December completely stop fourth stimulus check negotiations?
- SOCIAL SECURITY Can you change your Social Security number for any reason?
- NFL Bucs' Antonio Brown banned for three games by NFL
- PREMIER LEAGUE Why has Michael Carrick left Manchester Utd?
- NFL How are the uniforms of the 2021 Army vs. Navy football game? Are they for sale?
- SOCCER With what teams has Cristiano Ronaldo scored career 800 goals?