Money issues halt Hamsik's Chinese Super League move
Napoli have made the decision to halt Marek Hamsik's move to China over an issue related to the structure of the transfer agreement.
Napoli have announced they have postponed Marek Hamsik's transfer to the Chinese Super League due to concerns about the payment of the transfer fee.
Hamsik CSL move halted by Napoli
The 31-year-old had been expected to complete a move to Dalian Yifang for a fee in the region of €15million this week.
However, Napoli have called a halt to the deal, blaming a problem with the agreed "payment methods", although they do not specify with which club in China they have been negotiating.
"Napoli have decided to suspend the sale of Marek Hamsik to the Chinese because the methods of payment of the agreed amount do not line up with the agreements previously reached," the club said in a statement.
The club has decided to suspend Marek Hamsik's move to China because the payment methods proposed for the agreed sum fail to adhere to what was previously agreed. #ForzaNapoliSempre— Official SSC Napoli (@en_sscnapoli) February 6, 2019
There is no indication as to whether the deal has collapsed entirely or if Hamsik's move may still go ahead. The Chinese transfer window is open until February 28.
Napoli head coach Carlo Ancelotti confirmed last week that Hamsik had asked to leave Napoli after 12 years at the club.
Club president Aurelio De Laurentiis said of the club's record goalscorer: "I have told Hamsik that this is his home. Even if he wants to come back, we'll be happy to welcome him back.
"It's a beautiful story. He has always done his duty. He is impeccable."
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 29 July
- GOLD CUP Mexico vs Canada, Gold Cup semi-final: how to watch - times, TV, online
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 29 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GYMNASTICS Simone Biles suffers twisties: What are they? How do they affect gymnasts?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo Olympics: Luka Doncic 'dominating the Games like no player in 30 years'
- OLYMPIC GAMES Golfer McIlroy praises Biles and Osaka for raising mental health awareness