Jovic: Real Madrid reportedly nip ahead of Barça with €45m bid
Bild says Madrid have sought to steal a march on their LaLiga rivals by putting in an offer for Luka Jovic, who has starred in Germany this term.
Real Madrid and Barcelona appear poised for a transfer tug-of-war over striker Luka Jovic, who has been a revelation in the Bundesliga this season, scoring 14 times for Eintracht Frankfurt to lead the German league's goal charts.
Madrid have tabled 45m-euro bid for Jovic, says Bild
Fresh from Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung yesterday reporting Barça's interest in snapping up the 21-year-old, Bild has today insisted that Madrid are preparing to gazump their arch rivals - and have made Eintracht an offer.
Jovic is in the second year of a two-season loan at Eintracht, a deal that includes a purchase option - worth somewhere between six and 12 million euros - that the Germans plan to exercise. According to Bild, Los Blancos would then be ready to step in and pay 45 million for a player whose value has rocketed this term.
Indeed, the specialist website Transfermarkt.com has increased Jovic's expected market price twice already this term: from 12 million at the start of the campaign to 20 million in October, and up again to 40 million in December.
Jovic among Europa League's leading marksmen too
In addition to his impressive haul of Bundesliga goals, the Serbia international has also hit five in the Europa League, just one fewer than the competition's top scorer this season, RB Salzburg's Munas Dabbur.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL 49ers vs Eagles: San Francisco win 17-11 in gruelling game
- OTHER SPORTS Oleksandr Usyk vs Anthony Joshua: A fight for the ages
- WOMEN IN SPORTS Women athletes urge Supreme Court to protect abortion rights
- AFGHANISTAN Why are Afghan women judges in hiding in Afghanistan and how are they being protected?
- NFL Dolphins QB Tagovailoa “day-to-day” after Sunday’s rib injury
- NFL Detroit Lions 17 vs 35 Green Bay Packers summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 2