Arsenal did not play Ramsey in best position, says Juventus boss
Juventus Sporting Director Fabio Paratici said Juventus should play Arron Ramsey as a 'mezzala' - an advanced role in a three-man midfield - to make use of his goal scoring ability.
Midfielder Aaron Ramsey was not used in his best position at Arsenal and can offer Juventus something different when he joins them next season, according to the Italian club.
Ramsey is set to join Juventus on a four-year deal in the close season after signing a pre-contract with the defending Serie A champions this week. The Welshman's contract at Arsenal expires this season.
The 28-year-old has played in a number of midfield positions and also played as a wide forward during his 11-year stay at the north London club. Juventus Sporting Director Fabio Paratici said Juventus should play him as a 'mezzala' - an advanced role in a three-man midfield - to make use of Ramsey's goal scoring ability.
"Ramsey is a player who, in my opinion, has never found his position, because he has never played as a 'mezzala' in a three, which is his role," Paratici told Gazzetta dello Sport.
"He's more technical, he's a final ball man, he has a nose for the goal. He is a different player from what we've got, we don't have someone like him in our squad."
Te recomendamos en English
- EL CLÁSICO How many times has Barcelona won against Real Madrid without Messi?
- NFL Denver Broncos 14 vs Cleveland Browns 17 summary: score, highlights | NFL Week 7
- NFL Congress demands answers from the NFL about WFT investigation
- US NEWS How could Alec Baldwin have killed Halyna Hutchins with a prop firearm?
- NFL The NFL proposes a solution to its problem of 'race norming' in dementia settlements
- NFL NFL 21-22: What's the NFL record for most interceptions in a season?