Hamsik's Dalian Yifang move confirmed by De Laurentiis
Dalian Yifang have completed the signing of 31-year-old midfielder Marek Hamsik from Napoli, the Serie A club have confirmed.
Marek Hamsik has completed a move from Serie A giants Napoli to Chinese Super League outfit Dalian Yifang. Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis confirmed on Twitter that the long-awaited transfer has at last been concluded.
"The deal with Dalian has been reached. I hope Marek is happy in China. Napoli's doors will always been open for him," he said.
Hamsik's 12 years at Napoli come to an end
Head coach Carlo Ancelotti confirmed at the start of the month that the club's all-time record goalscorer had asked to leave, but the move was put on hold after a disagreement over the deal's payment structure. De Laurentiis previously described captain Hamsik's attitude as "impeccable" as he leaves a club he joined in 2007.
Since his arrival from Brescia, the Slovakia international has helped Napoli to two Coppas Italia and a Supercoppa Italiana triumph. In the 2017-18 season, the 31-year-old surpassed Diego Maradona to become the leading goalscorer in Napoli's history.
Te recomendamos en English
- ENTERTAINMENT Global Citizen 2021 live online: singers, performances and concerts
- GOVERNMENT SHUTDOWN 2021 Why is the White House planning for a government shutdown?
- FOURTH STIMULUS CHECK Fourth stimulus check: how many signatures does the petition for the new payment have?
- SERIE A Honours even between Inter and Atalanta at San Siro
- PREMIER LEAGUE Enthralling Brentford-Liverpool clash ends with honours even
- SOCCER Man City: Guardiola "proud" after breaking record in Chelsea win