Manchester City out to make history against Chelsea - Silva
Bernardo Silva has set his sights on making a slice of Manchester City history against Chelsea in the EFL Cup final.
Bernardo Silva believes Manchester City will take a significant stride towards becoming serial winners if they overcome Chelsea in the EFL Carabao Cup final on Sunday. City won the trophy last season after beating Arsenal 3-0 in the final, as well as getting their hands on a third Premier League title. The club are yet to retain a trophy in their history – something Silva wants to see corrected against Maurizio Sarri's side at Wembley.
Win, win and win again
"It would mean a lot for the history of the club," he said. "That is one of our main goals: not only winning it once but keep winning and winning. We know we have the squad to do that but our opponents are very strong and it won't be an easy job."
City thumped Chelsea in the Premier League 6-0 less than a fortnight ago, but Silva insists it will be a far tougher game this time around. "We should forget that match because it won't happen again," he added."We are not expecting the same result. We are playing against one of the best sides in the world, even though lately their results are not the best for them. Against those kind of players you can never relax and if you give them time to think, time to play and time to decide [what to do], they will destroy you. So, we have to play with the same intensity."
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS US Will the covid-19 vaccine be mandatory in NY for teachers?
- CORONAVIRUS US Where are the Delta variant danger zones?
- NFL NFL: When should the San Francisco 49ers start Trey Lance?
- NFL Dolphins QB Tagovailoa on injured reserve, to miss at least 3 games
- Liga MX Club América vs Chivas live: Liga MX 'Super Clásico Nacional' online
- NBA Report: Simmons rejects meeting with teammates on 76ers rift