Al-Khelaifi's errors could cost him his job
The Emir of Qatar wants to meet with Al-Khelaifi to evaluate his work as his main objective to win the Champions League remains a remote dream.
A fresh failure for PSG in the Champions League has blown up the new found tranquility the club had found in the league and regarding speculation with players transfers. The objective for the last number of years has been to conquer the European competition but it continues to elude the. Since Nasser Al-Khelaifi has been with the club, they have never even reached the semi-finals.
In France, there is a debate brewing about whether he should resign or not. Le Parisien report that even the Emir of Qatar, his superior, could meet with him to evaluate the work he is doing and has done at the club. His ability to lure Carlo Ancelotti and Neymar to the club aside, there has been plenty to criticise during his spell too.
The hiring of Patrick Kluivert and Antero Henrique is considered a failure. The Dutch man could not bring in top talent with the likes od Julian Draxler his main signing while the Brazilian was unable to find a defensive midfielder in the last two transfer markets. Lo Celso, Marquinhos and Rabiot have done what they could in the absence of that type of player.
The players apart from the squad
Al-Khelaifi decided to take the Rabiot situation into his own hands when the player refused to sign a new contract. He seperated him from the squad against Tuchel's wishes and they have struggled to replace him. They also believe that the president did not act well when a video of Sergi Aurier insulting his teammates and coach, Laurent Blanc, emerged.
Neymar has the power
Al-Khelaifi has had to intervene more than once to keep control of his players. The likes of Thiago Silva, Cavani, Marquinhos and Verratti has all felt his wrath but he has never reprimanded Neymar. The Brazilian has done what he wants since arriving in Paris, leaving for his home country at will and hosting parties that don't portray a professional image of the club.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Caeleb Dressel 100m swimming, medal count, results, today 29 July
- Stimulus Checks $1000 stimulus check for educators: how to claim it if I haven't received it
- US NEWS Disgraced USA Gymnastics doctor, Larry Nassar has received $2,000 in stimulus checks
- LA GALAXY ‘Chicharito’ Hernández to miss his sixth consecutive MLS game due to injury
- Olympic Games | Gymnastics How tall and what age are the USA gymnasts?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Who is Jade Carey, the US gymnast replacing Simone Biles at the Olympics?