Vinicius: "With firm steps I always fight"
Vinicius has posted his first message on social media following the injury he suffered against Ajax last week.
Real Madrid starlet Vinicius has reappeared on social media for the first time since he suffered an injury in the Champions League match against Ajax last week.
The 18-year-old striker was forced off in tears early on in the Ajax game after he suffered ankle ligament damage that is set to keep him side-lined until May.
It was particularly disappointing timing for the young Brazilian, who had just received his first call up by Brazil coach Tite for the national team's upcoming friendlies against Panama and Czech Republic later this month.
However, his message on social media on Wednesday was particularly positive as he looks to work his way back to fitness for Madrid’s final few games of the season.
"With firm steps I always fight, I do not see another way to get what I want without trusting in myself and what I am capable of doing,” the Brazilian said in a message accompanied with a photo of him smiling and holding a pair of crutches.
Neres comes into Brazil squad
Coincidentally, the man that will replace him in the Brazil squad was one of his opponents and scorer of Ajax’s second goal in their 4-1 trouncing of Madrid last Tuesday – David Neres. The 22-year-old was superb for the Dutch club at the Bernabéu and has warranted his first call up by Tite.
Vinicius, meanwhile, will hope to be back in the running for a place in Brazil’s squad for this summer’s Copa America, after having enjoyed an impressive first season at the Bernabéu where he was been one of the standout performers.
Te recomendamos en English
- JUVENTUS Juventus player Arthur Melo involved in car crash
- OLYMPICS Team USA will require vaccinations for Winter Olympics hopefuls
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano: what will happen when the lava reaches the Atlantic Ocean?
- CHILD TAX CREDIT Why have some parents not received the Child Tax Credit payment; how to claim it?
- Leagues Cup Final Seattle Sounders vs. Club León live updates: scores, stats, and updates | Leagues Cup Final
- Towns stunned after Timberwolves fire president of basketball ops