Nothing to prove for Cristiano, says Juventus teammate Cancelo
Cristiano Ronaldo last played for Portugal at the World Cup, but Joao Cancelo said the star had nothing to prove.
Joao Cancelo is thrilled Cristiano Ronaldo is back in the Portugal setup, saying the superstar had nothing to prove.
Cristiano important for the cause
Ronaldo, 34, last played for his nation at the 2018 World Cup, but is part of the squad for Euro 2020 qualifiers against Ukraine and Serbia.
His Juventus and international team-mate Cancelo is glad to see Ronaldo return to the Portugal fold.
"Cristiano adds quality to any team he plays with," he told a news conference.
"We have the pleasure of playing alongside him here with the national team, and for me with Juventus. He's one more player to help us and of course he's very important.
"Cristiano doesn't have to prove anything to anyone.
"In the national team or at any club where he's played he's made history and obviously he will add the same kind of quality he's added wherever he has played."
Portugal host Ukraine in Lisbon on Friday before welcoming Serbia to the Estadio da Luz three days later.
Recommended in English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $200 Social Security, tax return, Child Tax Credit, Golden State payment...
- NFL Cardinals 11 vs. 34 Rams summary: scores, stats and highlights | NFL Playoffs
- NFL Raiders part ways with general manager Mike Maycock
- NFL The insufferable Superb Owl jokes: a rant
- PACO GENTO 1933-2022 Real Madrid legend Paco Gento passes away aged 88
- AFCON Salima Mukansanga to lead all-female officiating AFCON line-up