Valdano: "Ramos is one of the most composed penalty takers I've ever seen"
Valdano also spoke about Messi's fortunes with the national team: "They still expect Messi to do everything that the whole team should be doing on his own".
Jorge Valdano chatted to Onda Cero's El Transistor programme last night to look back on the international fixtures that took place this weekend.
Sergio Ramos' Panenka penalty: "Sergio Ramos has cool-headedness taking penalties which I have only seen very few times in my life. The keepers know he's going to take it Panenka-style but he keeps putting them away".
Valdano defends Messi
Argentina: "What Argentina needs to improve are those around Messi, not Messi".
Messi: "They still expect Messi to do everything that the whole team should be doing on his own. Piling responsibility on the best player to resolve everything all of the time doesn't seem the best way of doing things to me".
Luis Enrique's Spain
Asensio: "He needs self-confidence and Luis Enrique is clearly giving him that. Marco can be a little timid competitively - which is expected of a player of his age, but he has enormous talent".
A European Super League: "The creation of a super league is inevitable. It's likely that the clubs who have multi-million budgets end up succumbing to the temptation a new competition to take over from the traditional Sunday league games".
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Packers and Bears clash as Cardinals aim for six wins in a row
- NFL Eagles trade veteran TE Zach Ertz to unbeaten Cardinals
- LALIGA Ambitious Pedri wants to 'win everything every year' with Barça
- SOCCER European nations set to block FIFA World Cup plans regardless of vote
- NFL Which NBA teams have the highest salary cap in the 21-22 season?
- NBA | NETS Durant on Kyrie Irving situation: "What is being mad going to do?"