Atlético Madrid not budging on Saúl €150 million release clause
In England, they believe Manchester City are very keen on Saúl Ñiguez but Atlético will not be making any concessions on his release clause.
Saúl Ñiguez is another name on the table at Atlético Madrid. The midfielder is not having his best season but remains one of the most revered young players in Spanish football. And in England, they are sure that Manchester City are interested in signing him in the summer with Pep Guardiola's side willing to pay €100 million for the player despite his release clause being €150 million.
Despite his poor form, Atlético still see him as the future of the club and if City want to sign the 24-year-old, they know what that have to do: Come up with €150 million.
Change of agent, change of scenery?
Saúl renewed with the club until 2026 and the plan is for him to continue with an eye on him becoming the leader of the team. Some believe that his recent change of agent suggests a move could be coming with the Premier League beckoning.
Atlético will sign Hector Herrera, Porto's midfielder, who will arrive on a free contract once his current deal expires at the end of June. The idea is to keep Koke, Rodrigo, Thomas and Saúl. Barcelona, however, are also interested in signing him but they are also eyeing a discount on his €150 million release clause.
Recommended in English
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Lewandowski and Ronaldo eye history – Champions League in Opta numbers
- REAL MADRID Marcelo set to leave Real Madrid for Brazil
- NBA Blazers' Damian Lillard wants $107 million two year extension
- NBA Blazers guard CJ McCollum out indefinitely for collapsed lung
- NBA Anthony Davis lauds in-form Lakers star Russell Westbrook
- NBA Mavs’ Luka Doncic admits having conditioning issues