No rest for Messi and Coutinho's suitors: Barcelona press
The Catalan newspapers headline on Tuesday with the decision of Valverde to take his squad full of stars to Villarreal, and interest in the Brazilian.
It's Tuesday and Barcelona are back in action in LaLiga Santander, facing Villarreal at 21:30 CEST. The Catalan newspapers start the day with a focus on that game, and also some interesting links away from the Camp Nou club of one of their star players.
No rest for Barça and Coutinho in demand
A main story taking the front pages is on Valverde's decision not to use tonight's away game as a chance to rest some of their key players. With a ten-point lead at the top of the table, a trip to La Ceramica to play a relegation threatened side seems like the place to freshen up, among others, Lionel Messi. The photo of the Argentine along with his manager takes the cover of Mundo Deportivo along with the headline 'with everyone', while L'Esportiu prefers to focus on Messi's strike partner Luis Suárez with the title 'no rest'.
Aside from the game, Sport take a look at one of Barça's stars that could be on his way out, Philippe Coutinho. According to the newspaper, Chelsea, PSG and Manchester United are all keen on the Brazilian, one who came to prominance at Liverpool. The report states that the London club are awaiting UEFA's final decision on their transfer ban, but see Coutinho as a replacement for the wantaway Eden hazard, the Ligue 1 champions want to raise their level, while United, they say, are not the preferred choice for the player.
Te recomendamos en English
- NYC MAYORAL ELECTION NYC mayoral election: Which candidates have received the most endorsements?
- NYC MAYORAL ELECTION NYC mayoral primary: polling times and how to vote
- NYC MAYORAL ELECTION NYC Mayoral Primary: where do I vote?
- NYC MAYORAL ELECTION NYC mayoral primary: what documentation do I need to vote?
- CHILD TAX CREDIT When will the IRS start to send the $3,000/$3,600 Child Tax Credit payments?
- CHILD TAX CREDIT IRS Child Tax Credit portal: how can I use it to opt out and what other uses does it have?