Griezmann "3,000 percent" staying - Atlético president
Following Friday reports that Griezmann would accept an offer from Barcelona, Atlético Madrid's president has said he is "3,000 percent" sure the French striker will stay.
Atlético Madrid president Enrique Cerezo has once again insisted that Antoine Griezmann will remain at the club “3,000 percent".
On Friday, Spanish TV program Jugones reported that members of Griezmann’s camp had approached Barcelona to tell them of the French striker's interest in playing at Camp Nou next season.
But Cerezo, who is in Barcelona ahead of Atlético’s clash with El Blaugrana at Camp Nou this Saturday, has tried to refute those claims. On the eve of the game on Friday, the Atlético president said that he was “2,000-percent” sure that Griezmann would stay at the Wanda. “Today, we go to 3,000-percent,” he told reporters in Barcelona.
"But how many times do I have to tell you? If you want, I’ll give you my phone number and you call me every five minutes to ask me exactly what is happening. Griezmann is an Atlético Madrid player, okay?”
Griezmann “fed up” with Barça links
Cerezo’s latest comments come after Griezmann himself expressed his weariness about the constant links with Barcelona, saying: “I’m fed up, every year it’s the same thing.”
Three days later on 29 March, AS reported that the French striker had told Atlético’s hierarchy he wanted to stay at the club next season. This was followed by the statement on 1 April by club president Enrique Cerezo, who said the French striker was “1,000-percent staying” in the Spanish capital.
Mintues before Cerezo turned up for the pre-match lunch meeting with Barcelona’s directors ahead of the Camp Nou clash this Saturday, Blaugrana president Josep Maria Bartomeu had refused to answer any questions relating to Griezmann upon his arrival at the restaurant.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: USA, Caeleb Dressel gold and WR in 4x100 medley, medal count, results, today 1 August
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check and child tax credit live updates: can it be passed in August? dates, tax return, opt-out...
- NFL Zimmer "frustrated" as 3 Viking QBs sit out practice due to covid-19 protocols
- GOLD CUP 2021 Mexico's CONCACAF 2021 Gold Cup squad: key absentees
- MLB Rays beat Red Sox to move top; Mets win in Báez debut
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 1 August