Thorgan Hazard to join Dortmund for 40 million euros
Eden Hazard's brother, Thorgan Hazard, is set to leave Borussia Monchengladbach this summer, with Dortmund paying a club-record fee for the Belgian.
From one Borussia to the other: Belgian international Thorgan Hazard, younger brother of Eden Hazard, will leave Borussia Monchengladbach for Borussia Dortmund this summer, Kicker magazine reports this Monday.
Dortmund will reportedly pay 40 million euros for the 26-year-old midfielder, making him the most expensive signing in the club’s history.
Since January Dortmund have shown their interest in signing Hazard as a replacement for the outgoing 20-year-old U.S. international Christian Pulisic, who signed for Chelsea in the New Year for 64 million euros and will make the move to Stamford bridge at the end of the season.
According to reports in Germany, Thorgan Hazard has decided to join Borussia Dortmund this summer.— bet365 (@bet365) 8 April 2019
Alcacer, Gotze, Reus, Sancho and Hazard.
Imagine. 😍 pic.twitter.com/05FM4R7PQJ
Gladbach given “clear signal” Hazard was going to leave
"We told Thorgan some time ago that we wanted to renew his contract (which ends in June 2020), but he has not given any signals in this regard. Six weeks before the end of the season, this is a clear signal that he is going to leave Borussia after five years here,” Monchengladbach announced on its website.
With nine goals and ten assists this season, Hazard has become a key player for 'Gladbach', who currently sit in fifth place in the Bundesliga, putting them in the fight with Leipzig and Eintracht for a Champions League spot in the top four.
Versatile and fast, Hazard can play in the centre of midfield or on the wing and has a similar profile to that of his brother, Chelsea star Eden, who is tipped to join Real Madrid this summer.
Te recomendamos en English
- EL CLÁSICO Barcelona vs Real Madrid possible starting line-ups
- SOCCER Barcelona's Piqué talks to El País about retirement, Messi, Clásico
- PREMIER LEAGUE Cristiano Ronaldo vows to silence critics and win trophies at Manchester United
- LIGUE 1 Marseille vs PSG: times, TV and how to watch online
- MLB Dodgers vs. Braves commentary, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands