Barcelona's Jovic option slipping away as father reveals plans
The father of the in-demand Eintracht Frankfurt striker spoke to German news outlet Bild about the interest from the Camp Nou, and his son's future.
The exciting talent of 21-year-old Luka Jovic has been getting a number of fans in LaLiga excited. Linked with both Real Madrid and Barcelona, the Eintracht Frankfurt striker seemed to be nearing the Catalan giants, as scouts watched him regularly. But it seems that this move may be further away than initially believed.
Barça target Jovic slipping away
Jovic's father, Milan, spoke to German newspaper Bild about his son's future and didn't feel that the Camp Nou was the right destination at the current time
"Luka has many offers and one of them is from Barça," he stated. "But he is not interested at the moment. He is not sure that he'd play much at Barça. The truth is that Luka wants to continue in the Bundesliga and help Eintracht qualify for the Champions League."
Barça can't make up their mind on a new number nine. It's not out of the question that we see another twist in the story, with Luis Suárez showing signs that he is still one of the best center forwards around, and still has plenty left in the tank. The decision is swaying between the club signing a lesser striker, someone to give Suárez a break from time to time, or splash out on a strategic signing like Antoine Griezmann, someone that can play across the frontline, and rotate pitchtime among them all. Either way, there is a feeling that it won't be easy.
Recommended in English
- US NEWS Parents charged after Michigan school shooting: what is involuntary manslaughter?
- NFL What are the most common injuries in NFL?
- SOCCER Real Madrid: Ancelotti encourages Mbappé to follow his dreams
- Real Madrid Gareth Bale close to making Real Madrid return
- BARCELONA Barcelona hoping to offload Samuel Umtiti in January
- NBA Jordan, Shaq, Harden... The players who led to NBA rule changes