Ezequiel Barco picked as MLS Player of Week Seven
Atlanta United earned their first MLS win since Frank de Boer took over at the start of the season, with Ezequiel Barco scoring twice to become Player of the Week.
Foxborough, Massachusetts witnessed Atlanta United's first MLS win under Frank de Boer, a triumph that might bring an end to the current champions' terrible start to the season.
But those in attendance at the home of the New England Revolution didn't just witness the comeback of 'The Five Stripes', they were also part of Ezequiel Barco's great night, one that saw him named the MLS Player of the Week.
Despite starting the game on the bench, the 20-year-old scored both goals for Atlanta United in their 2-0 victory over the New England Revolution, having been brought on early in the match after Eric Remedi's injury.
In the second half, Barco doubled Atlanta's advantage when he picked up the ball on the left and whipped a wonderful right-footed shot high into the net. A beautiful goal that gave his team a much-needed victory.
He now has three goals in five games this season and was selected as the MLS Player of the Week after a vote involving both media and fans.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Where was Gabby Petito's body found in Grand Teton National Park?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Vinicius and Benzema to the rescue
- NFL 49ers vs Eagles: San Francisco win 17-11 in gruelling game
- NFL Quarterback injuries overshadow Week 2 NFL action
- REAL MADRID Ancelotti: “I am living my honeymoon in Madrid"
- PREMIER LEAGUE African trio at Anfield make Premier League history for Liverpool