Injury-ravaged Mariano Diaz suffering from tendonitis
Mariano Diaz is set for another spell on the sidelines, this time with tendonitis, Real Madrid have confirmed.
Real Madrid striker Mariano Diaz has suffered another injury setback after being diagnosed with tendonitis in his right adductor.
Mariano returned to Madrid in August for a reported €20million after a solid season at Lyon, but injuries have wreaked havoc on his season.
Mariano has failed to fill Ronaldo's boots
The forward, who was essentially signed as Cristiano Ronaldo's replacement and handed the No.7 jersey, suffered hamstring problems towards the end of last year, before then missing the first month of 2019 with a back injury.
Mariano has been restricted to just 11 LaLiga appearances – with only one coming as a starter – and is expected to be out for around three weeks, though Madrid have not put a timescale on his latest absence.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Man City had "considerable chance" to land Ronaldo, says Fernandinho
- CORONAVIRUS | MANDATES How many Americans does Biden's vaccine mandate apply to?
- NFL NFL Fantasy Picks: Recommendations for Week 2
- NFL Baltimore's Jackson says Sunday's game vs. KC "not about me and Mahomes"
- NFL Cowboys lose fourth starter in a week after Lawrence breaks foot
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Real Madrid player ratings vs Inter Milan