Alejandro Pozuelo keeps proving his quality in the MLS
At 27 years old, the Spanish 'Designated Player' of Toronto FC is proving to be the piece the MLS team needed after Giovinco's departure.
On his debut, the 27-year-old player was chosen as Man of the Match, and one of the goals he scored that day was also picked as the goal of the week.
The Spaniard keeps adding to his individual awards in the MLS, this time he was named MLS Player of the Week for his outstanding performance during Toronto's 4-3 win over Minnesota United FC.
Very happy to have been named #MLS Player of the Week. Many thanks to everyone who voted. Let’s go, Toronto!— Alejandro Pozuelo (@Pozuelo_10) April 22, 2019
Muy contento por ser elegido el “Jugador de la Semana” de la #MLS. Muchas gracias a toda la gente que ha votado. ¡Vamos, Toronto!#TorontoFC #TFCLive pic.twitter.com/tlBMMH4zkd
The Toronto FC playmaker needed only four games to put in the best performance of the week, surpassing players like Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Carlos Vela, both players who lead the scoring charts and are vital pieces with their respective clubs, as Alejandro has become for the Canadian team.
Pozuelo scored two goals and provided an assist in the victory at BMO Field, and is off to a terrific start, as he has four goals and five assists so far this season, with Toronto FC on a 2-1-1 record with its Designated Player in the lineup.
Player of the Week
Each week an MLS player of the week is chosen by the media and fan voting process conducted by MLS Communications, with 75% of the vote going to North American Soccer Reporters, while a Twitter fan vote represents the remaining 25%.
Te recomendamos en English
- 2021 Halloween costume ideas for kids: Cruella, Squid Game, umbrella costumes and more...
- US NEWS What benefits can you get in California? Social security, unemployment, others...
- SOCCER | REAL MADRID Real Madrid on red alert for Manchester United's Paul Pogba
- EL CLÁSICO Barcelona vs Real Madrid: what is El Clásico's new logo?
- EL CLASICO Which player has scored the most goals in El Clásico history? All time top scorers
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS $2000 stimulus check for every American: how many people support the proposal? can it happen?