Chelsea winger Hudson-Odoi undergoes successful surgery
After his season was ended by a ruptured Achilles tendon, Chelsea youngster Callum Hudson-Odoi confirmed he had a successful operation.
Callum Hudson-Odoi has undergone successful surgery on a ruptured Achilles tendon, the Chelsea winger confirmed on social media. Hudson-Odoi was taken off late in the first half of Chelsea's 2-2 draw with Burnley on Monday and the severity of his injury was announced after full-time.
On the mend
Chelsea are yet to put a timescale on Hudson-Odoi's return, but he took to his official Instagram channel on Wednesday to provide an update. "Operation was successful. Thank God always and thank you all for your messages and support, the return begins now!!!" Hudson-Odoi wrote.
The England international, who was the subject of interest from Bayern Munich in January, has made 24 appearances for Chelsea this season across all competitions, scoring five goals.
Te recomendamos en English
- BOXING Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Usyk: boxers’ predictions
- LAVER CUP 2021 Laver Cup 2021 schedule: matches, rounds, dates & times
- PREMIER LEAGUE The Man City middle muddle: Can Guardiola get it right to stop a fourth straight defeat to Chelsea?
- NFL Odell Beckham Jr. close to return for Cleveland Browns
- NFL New York Giants' Nick Gates in good spirits while facing an uncertain future
- NFL New York Jets' Zach Wilson reflects on his disastrous 'four interceptions' game