Real Madrid: Benzema out of Rayo trip with hamstring injury
The Frenchman was the most notable absentee from Saturday's training session ahead of Madrid's trip to the LaLiga strugglers.
Karim Benzema was the most notable absentee as Real Madrid held their final training session on Saturday before Sunday evening's trip to Rayo Vallecano, with the club later confirming that the striker has been ruled out with a hamstring injury.
"Following the tests carried out on our player Karim Benzema by the Real Madrid medical department, he has been diagnosed with a muscular injury to his left biceps femoris," Los Blancos said. "His recovery will continue to be assessed."
Although Madrid are strong favourites against a Rayo side that has endured a tough season and is staring relegation in the face, the Frenchman has been Madrid's most consistent performer and goalscorer since Zidane's return.
Los Blancos' place in the top four looks a done deal, but they will still be keen to improve on a disappointing 0-0 draw with Getafe - currently in a three-way battle with Sevilla and Valencia for fourth spot - as Zidane continues with his plans to overhaul the squad in the summer.
Te recomendamos en English
- International Soccer Mexico 2-3 Ecuador summary: score, goals, highlights, exhibition match
- MLB Braves vs. Astros commentary, scores, stats and updates: World Series Game 2
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands
- NFL Report: Cardinals DE J.J. Watt could miss rest of season
- NFL Who plays Thursday night football?
- NBA Lakers outclassed in Oklahoma in a night of NBA surprises