Man United: De Gea's dire form continues with Chelsea howler
David de Gea committed another gaffe against Chelsea, his third critical mistake in his last four appearances for Manchester United.
David de Gea has made three errors leading to goals in his last four games for Manchester United, as many as he did in his previous 123 outings for the Red Devils.
The Spain international's latest blunder came late in the first half of Sunday's game against Chelsea at Old Trafford.
3 - David de Gea has made three errors leading to goals in his last four games in all competitions for Manchester United - as many as in his previous 123 matches combined for the Red Devils. Sloppy. #MUNCHE pic.twitter.com/Tbq59cYSU7— OptaJoe (@OptaJoe) April 28, 2019
De Gea fumbles Rüdiger shot to gift Chelsea equaliser
Juan Mata's goal had put United ahead, but De Gea - who has endured a difficult season - allowed the Blues to draw level before half time.
Antonio Rüdiger's long-range effort seemed like a simple one for De Gea to deal with, only for the goalkeeper to spill the ball, with Marcos Alonso on hand to turn home a neat finish.
Te recomendamos en English
- NBA Philadelphia 76ers Morey says there is 'hope' for reconciliation with Ben Simmons
- US NEWS Will national parks close if there is a government shutdown?
- US NEWS How long do government shutdowns last?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Basketball's subtle influence on the world of football
- GREEN BAY PACKERS Aaron Rodgers: "How could you not be romantic about football?"
- NFL Jalen Hurts shoulders blame after Eagles defeat to Cowboys