Nani's quality displays behind Orlando City improvement
The Portuguese international's arrival at the Lions has served as a boost for the Florida squad, which is improving week by week.
A visit from Orlando City executive vice president of soccer operations, Luis Muzzi, a dinner, and a gut feeling, were the factors that ended up bringing Nani to Florida and the Lions.
Since the Portuguese player's arrival at the MLS franchise, Orlando has had a significant improvement, and are now sitting sixth at the Eastern Conference, with a record of 3-3-3 and 12 points.
Nani has five goals and four assists and has scored at least one goal in his last four games, becoming one of the two players in MLS with five goals and at least four assists, the other being LAFC captain, Carlos Vela.
The signing of the former Manchester United star is earning him the MLS top signing of the offseason with his performances, besides becoming the leader on and off the field for Orlando City.
The Portuguese shot conversion rate so far is of 33.3 percent, with five goals in 15 shots, which is the highest conversion rate any player in the MLS with at least five goals has.
The Lions are 2-1-1 with 7 points since Nani started his scoring streak, and the next three matches of the Florida team are against Toronto FC, Atlanta United and Seattle Sounders, which makes of May a defining month for them.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL | PACKERS Rodgers: Packers Super Bowl contenders after 49ers win
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINES What’s the latest on the NYC DOE covid-19 vaccine mandate?
- US NEWS What caused the Amtrak train derailment?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Ansu Fati returns to Barcelona after long layoff
- NFL Mahomes talks after Kansas City Chief's 30-24 defeat to Los Angeles Chargers
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Ancelotti on Sheriff, Modric, Kroos, Zidane, Mendy