Magician Messi nets 600th goal for Barcelona
Lionel Messi marked his 600th goal for Barcelona with a stunning free kick against Liverpool in the Champions League semi-final first leg.
Lionel Messi netted his 600th goal for Barcelona against Liverpool in the first leg of the Champions League semi-final on Tuesday.
The Argentine superstar scored a brace against the Reds as Barcelona take a 3-0 cushion to Anfield next week.
Seven minutes after scoring an easy tap-in from a Luis Suarez effort that hit the crossbar in the 74th minute, the 31-year-old scored yet another stunning free-kick, guiding the ball over Liverpool’s wall and into Alisson’s top left corner, as the Brazilian keeper desperately out stretched in vain to keep the ball out.
Lo de Lionel Messi no solo es un gol, ES ARTE. pic.twitter.com/AKAhsicqlH— Invictos (@InvictosSomos) 1 de mayo de 2019
Messi on course for record sixth golden boot
The two goals against Liverpool brings Messi’s tally this season to 48 goals across all competitions, as the Barcelona forward looks set to win the European Golden Boot for a record sixth time.
Te recomendamos en English
- EL CLÁSICO Barcelona vs Real Madrid possible starting line-ups
- SOCCER Barcelona's Piqué talks to El País about retirement, Messi, Clásico
- PREMIER LEAGUE Cristiano Ronaldo vows to silence critics and win trophies at Manchester United
- LIGUE 1 Marseille vs PSG: times, TV and how to watch online
- MLB Dodgers vs. Braves commentary, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands