Barcelona: Reis to join LaLiga club from Groningen - report
De Telegraaf has reported that Barcelona have snapped up Dutch midfield starlet Ludovit Reis, 18, from Eredivisie club Groningen.
Barcelona have agreed a deal to sign midfielder Ludovit Reis from Eredivisie club Groningen this summer, says the Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf.
Barcelona tempt Groningen with 8m-euro offer
The head of the LaLiga giants' youth set-up, former club captain José María Bakero, has been tracking Reis for some time and is now believed to have made his move for the 18-year-old, with Groningen accepting a bid worth almost 8m euros.
Reis to move to the Camp Nou on five-year deal
De Telegraaf reveals that, although the Netherlands Under-19 international is to start off his Camp Nou career in the club's second team, Barça B, the Spanish champions plan to include him on the senior squad's pre-season tour to Japan.
The report adds that Barça are to hand a five-year contract to Reis, who has established himself as a key figure in Groningen's midfield since his first-team debut in 2017, and has this term scored once and supplied one assist in 27 league games.
Recommended in English
- US NEWS What businesses accept payment with cryptocurrencies in the US?
- NFL How many times have the Los Angeles Rams reached the NFC NFL Conference Finals?
- NFL How many times have Cincinnati Bengals reached AFC Championship Game?
- SOCCER Cristiano Ronaldo complains about market valuation and asks for an explanation
- BARCELONA Barcelona and Spotify seal deal for Camp Nou naming rights
- 'I thought I was dreaming!' – Warriors star Wiggins reacts to All-Star selection