Zlatan: Winning is the important thing to do, no matter how
The Swedish star has no other goal in mind than winning; he does not care how to do it as long as he does it; his ambition for success is evident with the LA Galaxy.
If anyone has a winner's mentality it's Zlatan Ibrahimovic. The Swede compared his aversion to losing to Massimiliano Allegri at Juventus following the Italian club's elimination from the quarter finals of the Champions League.
Juve were criticized following their elimination to tournament revelation, Ajax, and Allegri came under the spotlight as a result. Zlatan defended the Italian coach, telling Corriere dello Sport: "Allegri is right, football is a matter of victories, if you play well and don't win, it doesn't count at all".
The LA Galaxy captain went on to add, "You (journalists) should agree because if we play well and lose we get criticized, but in the end, we think the same way, it's all about winning. Playing well doesn't take you anywhere if you don't win, because that's what's important, to win no matter how."
Ibra is having a great season with LA Galaxy. He is on nine goals so far this season, he's also top of the MLS ranking in goals and assists since making his debut in the regular season, and is just two goals away from the leader in the overall goals table.
Recommended in English
- NFL Chicago Bears pinpoint Eberflus as Nagy successor
- NFL Could Aaron Rodgers follow Nathaniel Hackett to Broncos?
- NFL Which NFL team has reached the Conference Finals the most in history? Full list
- BARCELONA Who will Barcelona sign before the end of the January transfer window?
- TRANSFER MARKET Real Madrid: Palmeiras to slap €100m price tag on Brazil wonderkid Endrick
- SERIE A Vlahovic tipped to fill Cristiano Ronaldo's boots at Juventus