José Semedo mocks Barcelona in Cristiano Ronaldo comparison
The Portuguese player was more than happy to take to social media following Barça's Anfield debacle, using CR7 as the Champions League benchmark.
The 4-0 result at Anfield on Tuesday evening was a 50/1 shot with the bookmakers. Some speculative punters reaped the rewards, while Liverpool and their fans can get excited about another Champions League final, their fourth in 14 years. But for some, the result was less about celebrating The Reds' astonishing achievement and more about mocking the losing side, Barcelona.
Semedo compares Barça to Cristiano
A good friend of Juventus star Cristiano Ronaldo is Portuguese player Jose Semedo. Following the final whistle of the semi-final second leg, he took to Instagram to highlight the European glory of his compatriot, comparing it to that of FC Barcelona.
Ver esta publicación en Instagram
The post was a reminder to followers that the Catalan giants, for all their recent success, have won the same number of European Cups/Champions Leagues (five) as the fomer Real Madrid forward across their 119-year history.
"He make look easier.... just 34 years .. KING", wrote Semedo to accompany the image.
Within hours, Semedo received thousands of interactions with followers, many agreeing with the point of his message, but also several making the argument that Lionel Messi (forever compared to Ronaldo) has just one Champions League fewer, and is three years younger.
Te recomendamos en English
- Child Tax Credit Child Tax Credit 2021: when is the deadline to opt out from August payment?
- US NEWS What public pools are open in summer 2021 in Los Angeles?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Ledecky going for gold, medal count, results, today 28 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why is Russia called ROC at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Ledecky aiming for two golds in a day with Titmus in the way
- REAL MADRID Official: Real Madrid defender Varane signs for Manchester United