Barros Schelotto returns to Columbus, where he tasted glory
A little more than a decade ago, Guillermo was champion with Columbus Crew; now he returns as coach and rival to a place he fondly remembers.
This Wednesday, Columbus Crew host LA Galaxy at Mapfre Stadium for the midweek session of the MLS. Guillermo Barros Schelotto, the current Galaxy coach, was an outstanding player with 'The Crew' and took them to the MLS Cup title, and after almost a decade he returns to the city that he once called home.
With ten games played this season, the 'twin' has taken LA Galaxy into second place of the Western Conference with 22 points, intending to get into the playoffs and fight for the title. The road is long, and for now, their next challenge is to beat Columbus on a pitch filled with old glories for the LA coach.
The Argentine coach spent his time in the MLS with Columbus Crew, where he stayed from 2007 to 2010. In 2008, 'The Crew' won the MLS Cup, with Barros Schelotto a key player in the team, leaving a special mark among their fans.
It must be impossible for Barros Schelotto not to have mixed feelings with all the good moments he had in Columbus, but now his responsibility is LA Galaxy. The coach talked about his return to the city with MLSSoccer.com, saying: "I imagine that it will be a very nice reunion."
As a player, he had very satisfying results, since he won a league title with Columbus Crew, two editions of the Supporters Shield and he was also named MLS MVP in the 2007-08 season.
Te recomendamos en English
- LABOR NEWS Will Wisconsin's child labor reform bill become law?
- NFL Tom Brady sets record with 600th touchdown pass
- MLB How many times have the Atlanta Braves and Dallas Astros won the World Series?
- NFL How and where to watch Bears vs. Bucs
- NFL New York Jets vs New England Patriots summary: score, goals, highlights | NFL today
- NFL Chicago Bears 3 vs 38 Patriots summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 7