Atlético Madrid president Cerezo 'disappointed' by Griezmann
Antoine Griezmann's desire to leave Atlético Madrid, with Barça or PSG likely destinations, has left club president Enrique Cerezo disappointed.
Atlético Madrid president Enrique Cerezo said he was "disappointed" by Antoine Griezmann's decision to leave the LaLiga club.
Griezmann decision 'more than annoying'
Griezmann announced this season would be his last for Atlético, the club he joined from Real Sociedad in 2014.
The France international has been heavily linked with a move to Barcelona despite signing a contract extension with Atlético until 2023 just last year.
A surprised Cerezo said he was saddened by Griezmann's decision to depart the Wanda Metropolitano.
"More than annoyed, I am disappointed. I thought that Antoine had a great future at Atlético, with big titles and big league wins," he told Fox Sports on Wednesday.
"The problem is that everyone thinks in their own way. We respect his decision, I and Atlético fans. We wish him all the luck in the world. One goes and others will come.
"I don't know where he will play, ask him. He can play where he likes.
"This is a surprise, it's a disappointment. If I was his advisor I would have told him to stay here. It's a free life and everyone can do what they think is right."
Griezmann won the Europa League, UEFA Super Cup and Spanish Super Cup during his five seasons with Atlético.
Te recomendamos en English
- RYDER CUP 2021 Ryder Cup 2021 full schedule: participants, match dates, and times
- NFL Panthers at Texans: Fantasy Start ‘ems and Sit ‘ems
- REAL MADRID Mbappé: 100 days until PSG star can negotiate with Real Madrid
- Nagelsmann on Rudiger to Bayern rumours: I'll have to see if I have any money in my wallet!
- 76ers and Doc Rivers want to convince Ben Simmons to stay amid trade talk
- MLB MLB round-up: Cardinals extend streak, Rays clinch playoff berth