Cristiano named Serie A 2018/19 Player of the Season
The Portuguese striker will collect his award ahead of the final Juventus home game of the season as Atalanta visit Turin.
Cristiano Ronaldo has been named Serie A Player of the Year for the 2018-19 season. This is the first time that Lega Serie A award individual player awards have been announced with other positions set to also be awarded (goalkeeper, midfielder, young player etc).
Juventus will be awarded with the Scudetto tomorrow ahead of the home match against Atalanta with Cristiano also expected to receive his individual award ahead of a game that will see coach Allegri take his seat on the home bench for the last time at the Allianz Stadium following the news that he will leave the Turin based outfit at the end of the season.
The mechanic in determining each of the new individual Serie A awards were collated by Stats and Opta with Ernst & Young compiling the data in the league, Coppa de Italia and Italian Super Cup. Other individual award winners are: Samir Handanovic (goalkeeper, Inter), Kalidou Koulibaly (defender, Napoli), Sergej Milinkovic-Savic (midfielder, Lazio), Fabio Quagliarella (striker, Sampdoria) and Nicoló Zaniolo (young talent, AS Roma).
Cristiano has helped his Juventus side to a eighth consecutive Serie A title, bagging 21 goals in his debut season in Italy.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL NFL's Jeff Pash and WFT's Bruce Allen implicated in email investigation
- FIFA 22 FIFA 22 Road to the Knockouts: player cards and how to upgrade them
- MEDICARE What if I miss the Medicare deadline?
- NFL Do NFL teams have their own planes? How do they travel to away games?
- NFL Why do NFL players paint under their eyes?
- QATAR 2022 When does the 2022 FIFA World Cup start? Opening game and final dates