Chris Wondolowski named MLS Player of Week 12
The San José Earthquakes veteran surpassed Landon Donovan's scoring record with a four-goal gaul against Chicago Fire to also win the Player of the week award.
A game that earned 'Wondo' the MLS Player of the Week for matchday 12 saw him arrive for Saturday's match with 144 career goals, but by the end he was the leading scorer of the MLS. As well as this he became the first player to score four in one game so far in this 2019 season, the first time in his career.
Chris Wondolowski is in his 15th professional season, and since week 33 of the 2017 campaign, he hasn't won the MLS Player of the Week award until now.
Player of the Week
Each week an MLS player of the week is chosen through the media and fan voting process conducted by MLS Communications. 75% of the vote goes to North American Soccer Reporters, while a Twitter fan vote represents the remaining 25%.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- Stimulus Checks Second $600 Golden State stimulus check: when will I receive it and how to track
- US NEWS California stimulus check: when will the payments arrive and who qualifies?
- PSG Lionel Messi's PSG contract details revealed
- Soccer Pele in hospital: daughter says he's recovering well
- MLB MLB results: Los Angeles Dodgers beaten by Cincinnati Reds