Gundogan sure Manchester City will hang on to Bayern target Leroy Sané
Bayern Munich have been linked with a move for Leroy Sané but Ilkay Gundogan is confident Manchester City will do all they can to keep him.
Ilkay Gundogan has no doubt Manchester City will do their best to fight off reported interest from Bayern Munich and keep Leroy Sané. Germany international Sané is said to be a target for the Bundesliga champions, who are expected to be busy in the transfer market during the close season. Bayern will be looking to strengthen on the wings due to the departures of Franck Ribéry and Arjen Robben and the 23-year-old is thought to be a primary target after seeing his number of Premier League starts drop from 27 to 21 this season.
City eager to extend Sané's contract
But Pep Guardiola last week said City are keen to extend Sané's contract beyond 2021 and Gundogan is unconcerned by the speculation about his team-mate's future.
"If players of his quality do not play at one time or another, it has become normal that there are automatic rumours," Gundogan told Sport Bild. "As our manager has already said, the club wants to keep Leroy. I know Leroy very well and know that he can and will prevail anywhere."
Gundogan, whose own future had been shrouded in doubt, told Bild after City completed a domestic treble by adding the FA Cup to their Premier League and EFL Carabao Cup triumphs on Saturday he intended to re-open contract talks with the club.
Te recomendamos en English
- Ryder Cup: Garcia gets action underway at Whistling Straits
- Joshua v Usyk: AJ aims to keep it simple as Fury looms large over capital clash
- WORLD NEWS What has Biden said about the Evergrande crisis?
- NFL NFL: Chargers after another road win at Chiefs in big AFC West clash
- PSG Mbappé is a fantastic guy - Pochettino backs PSG forward
- BARCELONA Ronald Koeman receives two-match ban for red card