Bruce Arena's coaching debut won't be against DC United
New England Revolution will host DC United over the weekend at Gillette Stadium, but Bruce Arena won't be on the bench to oversee his team.
Bruce Arena will have to wait to oversee his first game in charge as New England Revolution coach - the 67-year-old won't be in the dug-out when the Revs play host to Wayne Rooney's DC United at the weekend.
The Revs hired Arena who they hope can help the team turn their fortunes around in the MLS - the former national team coach has a big stask on his hands. The team has won just three games so far this season and only Cincinatti are keeping them off the bottom of the Eastern Conference.
Arena, who has been away from the soccer fields for 18 months, will observe the game against United from the stands at Gillette Stadium.
Los Angeles Galaxy
Arena talked about his task he faces and pointed out that any change for the better is not going to happen in the next two weeks but added that he is feeling confident over the next couple years where he believes the Revs will become a much more competitive team.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS How can I register to vote in New Jersey?
- USMNT Christian Pulisic is ‘really suffering’ after ankle injury setbacks
- MLS Landon Donovan rejects the Real Salt Lake managerial job
- SOCCER Barcelona close to agreeing new Ansu Fati contract - Koeman
- NBA Milwaukee Bucks 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades
- NBA Los Angeles Lakers 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades