Arena yet to decide if he'll be on the bench against LA Galaxy
New England Revolution's new head coach, Bruce Arena, held his first training session since taking the job two weeks ago. However, he is still not sure if he'll be on the bench against Galaxy on Sunday.
The new Revs coach is still trying to understand the collective and individual strengths and weaknesses of the squad, though he has time to make initial evaluations thanks to interim coach Mike Lapper, who he said did a very good job after Brad Friedel's removal.
"I've said this a million times, you never know a team unless you get inside it, and that's my biggest concern since I can confuse them, by giving them maybe a little too much information," said Arena.
The NE Revolution will face Arena's former team, LA Galaxy, on Sunday, but the new head coach said he still doesn't know if he'll be on the sidelines - "I don't know yet, if I think I'm going to be a distraction to the team, I won't do it."
New England sit in 11th place in the Eastern Conference standings with 13 points and remain winless from seven away games this season, with a record of four defeats and three draws.
Te recomendamos en English
- Space Missions Where did the SpaceX capsule splashdown?
- NFL Colts vs Rams: Eric Fisher possible starter, coming back after Achilles surgery
- Not this one Jimmy Greaves 1940-2021: English football's greatest ever goalscorer
- Soccer Crisis at Manchester United: Solskjaer rejects Ferdinand's Ronaldo
- PREMIER LEAGUE West Ham vs Manchester United live online: scores, stats and updates, Premier League 2020/21
- NBA NBA star Giannis Antetokounmpo visits Greece with mother and brother