Bruce Arena will be on the bench against Galaxy
The newly appointed New England head coach decided to take his place on the sidelines for this weekend's match against his former team.
Bruce Arena was unsure about taking his place on the bench for New England Revolution when his team faces Los Angeles Galaxy as he thought he could be a distraction, but the veteran manager has made his choice as reported by the Boston Globe.
Arena will be guiding the Revs from the sidelines for the first time since being named the team's sporting director and head coach on May 14, but he won't do it alone with interim coach Mike Lapper joining him on the bench Sunday.
Arena decided to take his place on the Revs bench before making the trip to Los Angeles, where New England will have a hard task against Zlatan's side with the Swede back after his suspension and on target in Galaxy's last game, where he scored the winning goal.
Despite his time away from the game, the Revs have placed their hopes in a strategist with a superb track record to turn things in their favor, with Arena being the most successful coach in the MLS with five cups, two with DC United and three more with LA Galaxy.
Recommended in English
- UFC Francis Ngannou vs Ciryl Gane Heavyweight title: fight card, TV and how to watch online
- NFL Andy Reid: Willie Gay Jr. to star against Bills following arrest
- NFL 49ers vs Packers: times, TV and how to watch online
- NFL | HALL OF FAME Which NFL team has the most Hall of Famers?
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers’ net worth?
- NFL How did Aaron Rodgers respond to Joe Biden's vaccine criticism?