Atlético Madrid: Renan Lodi in line for €20-25m LaLiga move
Diego Simeone needs to rebuild his defence this summer and has set his sights on the Paranaense left back with talks underway.
Atlético Madrid are facing a summer rebuild of their back line after the departures of Lucas Hernández to Bayern Munich, Diego Godín and Juanfran and Diego Simeone has identified a target to fill the void on the left with Filipe Luís also likely to leave the club: Athletico Panaraense full back Renan Lodi.
The 21-year-old made his debut for the Brazilian side in 2016 and enjoyed a breakthrough season last year as Panaraense won the Copa Sudamericana. According to reports in Brazil and Italy, Atlético sporting director Andrea Berta has opened negotiations with Panaraense president Mário Celso Petraglia and may travel to Brazil this weekend to try and tie up a deal with Zenit also interested.
Panaraense holding out for €25m for Lodi
Petraglia has so far reportedly refused offers of 18 million and 20 million euros for Lodi, with the Brazilian club holding out for a fee of 25 million euros for the defender, who has been called up for the national side’s under-23s.
Atlético had expressed an interest in Porto defender Alex Telles but have apparently turned their attention to Lodi due to the Brazil international’s expected price tag of around €40-50m. Porto are also unlikely to welcome further raids on their own back four after Atlético signed central defender Felipe a week ago for €20m.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL | PACKERS Rodgers: Packers Super Bowl contenders after 49ers win
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINES What’s the latest on the NYC DOE covid-19 vaccine mandate?
- US NEWS What caused the Amtrak train derailment?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Ansu Fati returns to Barcelona after long layoff
- NFL Mahomes talks after Kansas City Chief's 30-24 defeat to Los Angeles Chargers
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Ancelotti on Sheriff, Modric, Kroos, Zidane, Mendy