Tyler Adams has tripled his market value in under a season
The American footballer's market value has rocketed since his arrival at German club RB Leipzig in January, according to Transfermarkt.
The United States are about to start their journey in the CONCACAF Gold Cup, where they will be seeking to defend their title as the North American champions.
One of the US players that could be the great surprise of the tournament is 20-year-old midfielder Tyler Adams, who recently moved across the Atlantic to the Bundesliga side RB Leipzig and, according to Transfermarkt, has tripled his market value since the transfer.
Transfermarkt now values Adams at 13 million euros, 7.5 million more than when he landed in Germany in January from MLS franchise New York Red Bulls.
Adams is among the Bundesliga's most valuable young stars, in a list that is led by club-mate Ibrahima Konaté, who at just 20 years of age has a market worth of 45 million euros, followed by 19-year-olds Evan N'Dicka and Ozan Kaba, who are valued at 25 and 15 million euros, respectively.
Since Adams landed at RB Leipzig, the American youngster has played ten Bundesliga matches and two games in the DFB-Pokal. His performances for the German side earned him a call-up by US coach Gregg Berhalter for his first official international duty.
The most expensive American players
Three of the US national team's members are in the top five of the most valuable players list, which is the case of Adams, new Chelsea star Christian Pulisic (60 million euros) and Weston McKennie (20 million euros).
Recommended in English
- MLB Why is the MLB close to a lockout? What are the key issues?
- NFL Where does the Dallas Cowboys - New York Giants team rivalry comes from?
- NFL Who has the biggest NFL rivalry?
- US NEWS What services are likely to stop during a government shutdown?
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES Supreme Court on Roe v Wade live updates: arguments, Abortion Law, Mississippi...
- NFL Who are the 10 best Dallas Cowboy players of all time?