Tyler Adams has tripled his market value in under a season
The American footballer's market value has rocketed since his arrival at German club RB Leipzig in January, according to Transfermarkt.
The United States are about to start their journey in the CONCACAF Gold Cup, where they will be seeking to defend their title as the North American champions.
One of the US players that could be the great surprise of the tournament is 20-year-old midfielder Tyler Adams, who recently moved across the Atlantic to the Bundesliga side RB Leipzig and, according to Transfermarkt, has tripled his market value since the transfer.
Transfermarkt now values Adams at 13 million euros, 7.5 million more than when he landed in Germany in January from MLS franchise New York Red Bulls.
Adams is among the Bundesliga's most valuable young stars, in a list that is led by club-mate Ibrahima Konaté, who at just 20 years of age has a market worth of 45 million euros, followed by 19-year-olds Evan N'Dicka and Ozan Kaba, who are valued at 25 and 15 million euros, respectively.
Since Adams landed at RB Leipzig, the American youngster has played ten Bundesliga matches and two games in the DFB-Pokal. His performances for the German side earned him a call-up by US coach Gregg Berhalter for his first official international duty.
The most expensive American players
Three of the US national team's members are in the top five of the most valuable players list, which is the case of Adams, new Chelsea star Christian Pulisic (60 million euros) and Weston McKennie (20 million euros).
Recommended in English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $200 Social Security, tax return, Child Tax Credit, Golden State payment...
- NFL Cardinals 11 vs. 34 Rams summary: scores, stats and highlights | NFL Playoffs
- NFL Raiders part ways with general manager Mike Maycock
- NFL The insufferable Superb Owl jokes: a rant
- PACO GENTO 1933-2022 Real Madrid legend Paco Gento passes away aged 88
- AFCON Salima Mukansanga to lead all-female officiating AFCON line-up