De Ligt: Barcelona agree fee with Ajax for defender - report
According to a report on Catalunya Radio, Barcelona have a deal in place with Ajax - and must now persuade the player to move to the Camp Nou.
Barcelona have agreed a fee with Ajax for central defender Matthijs de Ligt, according to a report on the radio station Catalunya Radio.
75-million-euro De Ligt fee agreed, says Catalunya Radio
Speaking on the programme 'Club de la Mitjanit' on Monday night, the journalist Oriol Domènech revealed that Barça now have a deal in place to pay 75 million euros for the Dutch international.
However, it remains unclear whether De Ligt, who is a target for a whole host of major European clubs, will finally opt for a move to the Camp Nou.
Indeed, the 19-year-old told an interview published in Catalan daily Mundo Deportivo on Tuesday: "I need to weigh up whether this is the right time to go to Barça."
Would join Ajax, Netherlands colleague De Jong at Camp Nou
Were he to join the Blaugrana, De Ligt would be reunited with midfielder Frenkie de Jong, who is to join the Catalans from Ajax this summer in a 75m-euro transfer.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Rodgers, Jones give Green Bay first win of season: NFL Week 2 ratings
- NFL Who won Monday Night Football in NFL Week 2?
- NFL The NFL taunting rule is here to stay amidst criticism
- USMNT Sergiño Dest struggled in his return to Barcelona’s starting XI
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Ronald Koeman sacking a matter of when, not if
- Barcelona have to be more united than ever, says Ter Stegen