Forbes: Serena Williams, the only woman among the highest paid athletes
The American tennis player, Serena Williams, was the only female athlete to appeared on the Forbes list of the highest paid athletes in the world.
Serena Williams continues leading the way for women in sports, in a world where men transcend with multi-millionaire contracts, but Serena keeps stealing the spotlight as one of the most famous women in sports, and now, Forbes magazine has announced the Top 100 highest paid athletes worldwide where she is the only women on the list.
Williams is no longer leading the WTA ranking and is currently placed in 11th place, but the attention is still on her, being one of the legends in tennis - she held the number one spot for more than 300 weeks.
The business and financial magazine placed Serena Williams at the 63rd position of the annual ranking, above footballers like Antoine Griezmann and Gareth Bale or the Super Bowl's 6-ring holder, Tom Brady.
Serena earns a total of 29.2 million dollars, 4.2 in salary and 25 million for endorsements, with brands flocking to be associated with her as the leading female athlete to follow.
Despite the hard, outstanding work being done by women athletes worldwide, the salary gap for endorsement contracts still far favours men, something reflected in the Forbes list.
Te recomendamos en English
- GOLF US dominates Europe to reclaim Ryder Cup
- CORONAVIRUS | VACCINES What is a religious exemption for the Covid-19 vaccine? Are any religions against the vaccine?
- US NEWS Would the government shutdown impact SNAP benefits?
- NFL What were the Bucs-Rams ratings | NFL Week 3
- SOCCER Arteta urges Arsenal consistency after derby win over Tottenham
- NBA NBA: Kyrie Irving, the covid-19 vaccine and the "plan of Satan"