"Griezmann will play for Barcelona," confirms CEO
Miguel Ángel Gil Marín, the Atlético Madrid CEO, has confirmed that Antoine Griezmann will play for Barcelona, and that they've known since March.
Miguel Ángel Gil Marín, the Atlético Madrid CEO, has spoken to a Spanish TV programme on Movistar and confirmed that Antoine Griezmann will play for Barcelona next season.
Griezmann to Barça known since March
The Colchonero director answered the question without hesitation, surprising those around him. This comes on the back of recent statements by president Enrique Cerezo, who stated "No one from Barca has contacted me."
"I know where Griezmann is going to play," announced Gil Marin, "At Barcelona. We have known since March."
As we reported, Atlético were considering taking legal action against their LaLiga rivals for contact being made without their consent. Speculation has been rife about the future of the French star ever since he confirmed he would be leaving the capital club. As recently as last night, following the game against Andorra the striker said: "I know where I want to play... I just ask for a little patience, I'm also impatient. I don't know if the 1st July is a key day."
In July, Griezmann's buy-out clause drops significantly.
Te recomendamos en English
- Child Tax Credit Child Tax Credit 2021: when is the deadline to opt out from August payment?
- US NEWS What public pools are open in summer 2021 in Los Angeles?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 28 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why is Russia called ROC at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics?
- CORONAVIRUS What are the new CDC mask guidelines for schools?
- OLYMPICS USA played with freedom in bounce-back Iran victory – Kevin Durant