Mbappé calls out 'fake news'
The Paris Saint-Germain forward was quick to respond to claims he had made demands to his club to stay, and threw in a little humour to boot.
"FAKE NEWS". Kylian Mbappé adds a little humour to his denial of the news on Twitter account @TransferChecker about a supposed list of demands made to the PSG board of directors.
Mbappé calls out fake news
The social media account claimed that the French striker's representatives had made their demands to the Ligue 1 champions. There is much speculation about the player considering an exit, with Real Madrid reportedly keeping close tabs on the situation.
From his official account, Mbappé, or potentially his admin team, replied to the tweet, with a little humour thrown in:
Sorry you forgot something, Kylian Mbappé want to play goalkeeper 😁— Kylian Mbappé (@KMbappe) 12 de junio de 2019
FAKE NEWS ❌❌❌❌❌
'Sorry you forgot something, Kylian Mbappé want to play goalkeeper. FAKE NEWS', it read.
And he didn't have to wait long for a response:
Have a safe flight to Madrid, mate. It’s nice this time of year.— Transfer News (@TransferChecker) 12 de junio de 2019
As we've seen before with official accounts from football players, agents and presidents, it can be a risky business to respond to stories online. It can suggest to some that if you ignore other reports, then it could be true.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- Stimulus Checks Second $600 Golden State stimulus check: when will I receive it and how to track
- US NEWS California stimulus check: when will the payments arrive and who qualifies?
- PSG Lionel Messi's PSG contract details revealed
- Soccer Pele in hospital: daughter says he's recovering well
- MLB MLB results: Los Angeles Dodgers beaten by Cincinnati Reds