Berhalter praises Reggie Cannon qualities after Adams injury
The FC Dallas defender will replace Tyler Adams after the RB Leipzig player withdrew from the US squad due to a chronic groin injury.
Berhalter mentioned that injuries are something one can't control and that it is important to move on and focus on the upcoming CONCACAF tournament.
"It's one of those things that you can't control, we bring Reggie Cannon into camp, and we move on. Adams is a strong player, we'd love to have him, but we don't."
Adams was expected to play a right-back role that either Cannon or San Jose Earthquakes' Nick Lima are now the most likely to take on.
"Tyler has a unique skill set; he has versatility, he can play inside, wide, he's a top talent. Reggie has a different skill set. He's more vertical, has speed, the crossing, he's more of a dynamic defender," said Berhalter.
Cannon said he was surprised to receive a call from Berhalter telling him about Adams' injury, which opened up a spot for him on the list for the Gold Cup.
"It was definitely a surprise, Gregg called me and said Tyler picked up a knock. Things happen, and you know, that's football. That's the opportunity you get," concluded Cannon.
Recommended in English
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers’ net worth?
- NFL Aaron Rodgers calls out Biden's 'fake White House' after vaccine spat
- NFL How and where to watch Bills v Chiefs: Kickoff time, TV channel, live stream
- NFL 49ers 13 vs. 10 Packers summary: Gould FG seals Niners win, stats, and highlights | NFL Playoffs
- NFL Burrow sacked nine times in Bengals win over Titans
- NFL Chiefs Tyreek Hill fined $12K for pom-pom celebration vs Steelers