Man United reject PSG offer of Neymar-Pogba swap - report
The Independent says that United chief executive Ed Woodward was not tempted by Paris Saint-Germain's proposal of a stunning summer swap.
Manchester United rejected a Paris Saint-Germain offer of a close-season swap deal involving Neymar and Paul Pogba, according to a report published by the UK newspaper The Independent on Monday.
Both stars appear keen to move on this summer, with Neymar most heavily linked with a return to Barcelona - who he left for PSG in a world-record, 222m-euro switch in 2017 - and Pogba a major target for Real Madrid and former club Juventus.
United chief exec Woodward not up for Neymar-Pogba swap
The Independent says that United chief executive Ed Woodward was put off such an exchange by the expense of covering the Brazilian international's reported 900,000-pound-a-week pay packet.
What's more, Woodward's reluctance to part with Pogba, who re-signed for United from Juve in a 105m-euro transfer in 2016, is also said to have dissuaded him from entertaining the Ligue 1 champions' sensational proposal.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: USA, Caeleb Dressel gold and WR in 4x100 medley, medal count, results, today 1 August
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check and child tax credit live updates: can it be passed in August? dates, tax return, opt-out...
- NFL Zimmer "frustrated" as 3 Viking QBs sit out practice due to covid-19 protocols
- GOLD CUP 2021 Mexico's CONCACAF 2021 Gold Cup squad: key absentees
- MLB Rays beat Red Sox to move top; Mets win in Báez debut
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 1 August