Keylor staying at Real Madrid
The goalkeeper had a couple of options to leave Real Madrid but they have vanished in recent weeks as he looks set to stay at the club under Zidane.
Keylor Navas' time at Real Madrid is not finished yet. The goalkeeper will remain at the club barring a last minute surprise with PSG and Manchester United no longer looking for a keeper.
Real Madrid gave Navas the freedom to negotiate his exit but the goalkeeper and the 32-year-old put his conditions on the table. He wanted to leave for free and improve his salary from €5 million to €7 million as reported by As.
Real Madrid stand firm and get to keep Navas
Real Madrid told him he wouldn't be going anywhere for free, however, and they would not be paying for any part of the deal by letting him leave for free. Benfica could only offer €3 million and United, one of the other sides interested, were no longer involved when De Gea decided to stay. Other top clubs were not in the market for a keeper.
Madrid were not happy with the fact that he was leaving, get to keep the man who won three Champions League for them and they are convinced he will play an important role next season. They now have two world class keeper with plenty of games on the calender for Zidane's project.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: medal winners, athletes and results, 24 July
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN How much money can you get from stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 24 July
- Olympic Games Since when is skate an olympic sport and why?
- OLYMPIC GAMES What is the USA basketball roster for the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USWNT bounce back in crushing 6-1 New Zealand win