Atlético Madrid announce Renan Lodi agreement
The Rojiblancos are aiming to do some sensible business this summer, knowing their two LaLiga rivals are strengthening big.
Atlético Madrid announced on Friday that they have reached an agreement in principle with Athletico Paranaense to sign Renan Lodi.
Lodi on verge on Atlético move
The Brazilian left-back adds to Atleti's defensive options for 2019-20 as Diego Simeone looks to keep pace with last year's champions Barcelona and a stronger Real Madrid. The 21-year-old has played at the top level of Brazilian football since 2016, helping Paranaense to glory in the CONMEBOL Sudamericana in 2018 and picking up a runners-up medal in the CONMEBOL Recopa in 2019.
Lodi's arrival follows hot on the heels of Marcos Llorente's €30.15 million switch from Real Madrid, and head coach Simeone has also added defender Felipe Monteiro in a €20million transfer from Porto. The immiinent arrival of Benfica's Joao Felix also has many fans excited.
A statement announcing the deal to sign Lodi on Atletico's official website said: "Atlético Madrid and Athletico Paranaense have achieved a preliminary agreement over the transfer of Renan Lodi to our club," something AS revealed was in the pipeline a few weeks ago.
"The agreement is pending its final formalisation both with the Brazilian club and the player.
"He comes with a notorious capacity to project himself in attack thanks to his versatility, speed, and great striking skills."
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Man City had "considerable chance" to land Ronaldo, says Fernandinho
- CORONAVIRUS | MANDATES How many Americans does Biden's vaccine mandate apply to?
- NFL NFL Fantasy Picks: Recommendations for Week 2
- NFL Baltimore's Jackson says Sunday's game vs. KC "not about me and Mahomes"
- NFL Cowboys lose fourth starter in a week after Lawrence breaks foot
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Real Madrid player ratings vs Inter Milan