Real Madrid: De Tomás set for Benfica move, says A Bola
The Portuguese newspaper says Real Madrid striker Raúl de Tomás is due to sign for Benfica after agreeing terms with the Águias.
Raúl de Tomás is set to join Benfica from Real Madrid after agreeing terms with the Lisbon club this week, the Portuguese newspaper A Bola has revealed.
Benfica agree to De Tomás wage demands
Benfica had initially only offered De Tomás a salary of 1.5m euros a season, but finally accepted the player's 2m-euro-a-year demands, the publication says.
Striker one of a number of players to be offloaded by Madrid
The departure of the 25-year-old Spaniard, who scored 14 LaLiga goals on loan at Rayo Vallecano last season, would see Madrid continue a summer fire sale of players who are surplus-to-requirements at the Santiago Bernabéu.
Marcos Llorente this month moved to Atlético Madrid, while Mateo Kovacic and Theo Hernández are close to signing for Chelsea and AC Milan, respectively.
Meanwhile, James Rodríguez is being tipped for a switch to Serie A club Napoli, while youngsters Martin Odegaard and Borja Mayoral both appear in line to move to Real Sociedad, the former on a loan deal.
Although A Bola does not offer any details on the fee Benfica are preparing to pay for De Tomás, its report does state that he is due to have a 60m-euro release clause inserted in his contract at the Estádio da Luz.
Te recomendamos en English
- BOXING Joshua: "No real strategy except for winning" against Usyk
- BOXING Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Osyk: date, tickets, venue
- WORLD NEWS How does Evergrande conglomerate put China's housing system in danger of collapse?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Klopp salutes Liverpool ace Minamino and reveals Firmino fitness update
- GOLF Five reasons why we all love the Ryder Cup
- NBA 15-year NBA veteran JJ Redick announces retirement