Besiktas beat David Beckham in the race for Tyler Boyd
Reports in the Turkish media claim Boyd will sign for one of the country's most successful clubs after his participation in the Gold Cup is done.
The New Zealand-born striker has shown himself to be one of the rising stars of the USMNT during the current Gold Cup, becoming a central player in Gregg Berhalter's attacking system in their quest to conquer their second consecutive CONCACAF title.
In Turkey, a number of media outlets say Besiktas have reached an agreement for the signing of Boyd for 2 million euros and on a three-year deal, with the American player set to arrive in Istanbul once his Gold Cup participation concludes.
If the Stars and Stripes squad reach the final match of the summer tournament, Boyd would sign with Besiktas after July 7 in the Turkish capital, beating Inter Miami in their wish to sign the new American star.
Boyd, who has two goals with the USMNT and two starts in three matches played so far in the CONCACAF tournament, will have the chance to compete in the UEFA Europa league next season if he finally ends up joining Besiktas.
Te recomendamos en English
- Ryder Cup: Garcia gets action underway at Whistling Straits
- Joshua v Usyk: AJ aims to keep it simple as Fury looms large over capital clash
- WORLD NEWS What has Biden said about the Evergrande crisis?
- NFL NFL: Chargers after another road win at Chiefs in big AFC West clash
- PSG Mbappé is a fantastic guy - Pochettino backs PSG forward
- BARCELONA Ronald Koeman receives two-match ban for red card