Chelsea: Pulisic ready to meet new boss Frank Lampard
The new Chelsea signing has finished his participation at the CONCACAF Gold Cup with the USMNT, and will now join up with his new team-mates.
Christian Pulisic might have lost the Gold Cup title against Mexico on Sunday, but the American starlet proved his quality and talent throughout the tournament, showing why he's been signed by Premier League side Chelsea.
The Evening Standard has reported that Pulisic intends to cut short his holidays after the summer event to join his new team-mates and the Blues' pre-season preparations, and also to impress new boss Frank Lampard.
After the final defeat to the Mexicans, Pulisic said he would take a few days off before joining Chelsea's pre-season, and the club said on Monday that the US winger will now join up with the team to prepare for the 2019/20 season.
Next stop Japan
Some clubs usually mention the breaks their players take after international duty, but with no mention as to when Pulisic will join the team, it seems the 20-year-old will be on a plane to Japan next week to get ready for the coming campaign under Lampard's orders.
Te recomendamos en English
- MAN UNITED-LIVERPOOL Mourinho says Liverpool boss Klopp 'didn't like the menu' at Man Utd
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Jovic concerns continue after Mallorca defeat
- PREMIER LEAGUE Rashford's goal showed all the problems with VAR - Klopp
- REAL MADRID My lovely horse: Odriozola buys a racehorse before Mallorca game
- BARCELONA Barcelona trio come to life: 13 goals between them so far
- MANCHESTER UNITED Man United chief says Glazers not selling amid reported Saudi Crown Prince interest