Christian Pulisic named Young Player of the 2019 Gold Cup
The American youngster proved his quality and talent throughout the CONCACAF summer tournament, showing why Chelsea signed him.
To go up against the Mexican national team is not an easy task, and despite having quality players and showcasing a good game, Jona dos Santos' goal ended the Americans' hopes of drawing level with Mexico in the CONCACAF event's all-time standings.
It was a sad night for the United States as Mexico lifted the 2019 Gold Cup, but despite it all, there was one person who could celebrate leaving the tournament with a trophy in his hands.
Young Player Award presented by @ScotiabankFC— Gold Cup 2019 (@GoldCup) July 8, 2019
After showcasing brilliant talent at a young age, @cpulisic_10 is awarded the Young Player Award. Congratulations!#GoldCup2019 #ThisIsOurs #EstoEsNuestro pic.twitter.com/iKn04vb4py
Pulisic was named Young Player of the 2019 Gold Cup, following an outstanding tournament in which the winger established himself as the driving force of Gregg Berhalter's side and helped his team reach the final match.
Pulisic led the assists table with three, and added three goals in 15 shots, proving why the US coach placed all his confidence in the new Chelsea player, since he showcased his high quality and talent throughout the tournament, earning the Young Player of the 2019 Gold Cup award.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Setién: "Messi did what Messi always does"
- BARCELONA Busquets: "You'll see what Setién is asking of us"
- Premier League Van Dijk refuses to agree that title race is over
- Bundesliga Not every team wins 4-0 in Berlin! Flick lauds his Bayern side
- MALLORCA-VALENCIA Sanction to rule Parejo out of Barcelona clash
- LALIGA Messi steers Barça to victory in Setien's first game