Christian Pulisic named Young Player of the 2019 Gold Cup
The American youngster proved his quality and talent throughout the CONCACAF summer tournament, showing why Chelsea signed him.
To go up against the Mexican national team is not an easy task, and despite having quality players and showcasing a good game, Jona dos Santos' goal ended the Americans' hopes of drawing level with Mexico in the CONCACAF event's all-time standings.
It was a sad night for the United States as Mexico lifted the 2019 Gold Cup, but despite it all, there was one person who could celebrate leaving the tournament with a trophy in his hands.
Young Player Award presented by @ScotiabankFC— Gold Cup 2019 (@GoldCup) July 8, 2019
After showcasing brilliant talent at a young age, @cpulisic_10 is awarded the Young Player Award. Congratulations!#GoldCup2019 #ThisIsOurs #EstoEsNuestro pic.twitter.com/iKn04vb4py
Pulisic was named Young Player of the 2019 Gold Cup, following an outstanding tournament in which the winger established himself as the driving force of Gregg Berhalter's side and helped his team reach the final match.
Pulisic led the assists table with three, and added three goals in 15 shots, proving why the US coach placed all his confidence in the new Chelsea player, since he showcased his high quality and talent throughout the tournament, earning the Young Player of the 2019 Gold Cup award.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Isco in the midst of another baffling season at Real Madrid
- CHELSEA Lampard looking at the bigger picture with Pulisic
- Serie A Ancelotti thanks De Laurentiis for clearing up Napoli 'lies'
- BARCELONA Vidal on tattoos, his mo-hawk and some advice for Dembélé
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Rodrygo, Vinicius wanted by Brazil in January
- MANCHESTER UNITED Greenwood signs new Man United contract