2019 Women's World Cup final TV audience ratings exceed previous figures from 2018
The 2019 France Women's World Cup final surpassed the Russian World Cup in terms of audience average in the United States and worldwide.
Success for the United States national team on the pitch goes hand in hand with their success in terms of TV audience ratings, with public support for the newly-crowned Women's World Cup champions surpassing the Men's team in the equivalent event last year.
According to Fox Sports, the game between the US and the Netherlands attracted 20% more audience than the Men's World Cup Final in 2018, proving the audience in women's football is growing, exceeding the 2011 and 2015 market average.
Full 2019 #FIFAWWC metered market average:— FOX Sports PR (@FOXSportsPR) July 8, 2019
☑️ Up 1% over 2015
☑️ Up 19% over 2011#USA win over #NED in final:
☑️ 10.0 metered market rating
☑️ Up 20% over 2018 men’s World Cup final pic.twitter.com/Bbzrfr74HE
The growth of fans in women's football goes beyond the States, and according to the BBC, the semi-final between USA and England had the biggest audience of the year for a live event, besides registering two-time more viewers than previous tournaments.
In the Netherlands, the 2019 France World Cup final was the most-watched game since the men's semi-final against Argentina in Brazil 2014.
The market rate of the USWNT suggests that there shouldn't be such a large inequality in terms of the salaries earned by the Men's and the Women's teams, as their growth means more revenue for US Soccer.
The USWNT, the world champions, are one of the buggests attractions in women's football. The US men's team didn't qualify for the 2018 World Cup, failed to defend its Gold Cup title on the same day the girls won their fourth championship...
Te recomendamos en English
- LA Galaxy Chicharito: When I talked about retirement I meant because of my age not the MLS
- Copa del Rey 2019-20 Zaragoza vs Real Madrid: how and where to watch - times, TV, online
- MASCHERANO 'Messi's unique ability can extend his future' - Mascherano
- BRUNO FERNANDES | MANCHESTER UNITED Bruno Fernandes is on his way to join Manchester United
- BARCELONA Barcelona youth product Carles Pérez makes €13m Roma switch
- Premier League Guardiola admits mistake over Man City crowd comments